Drive Rivets are a two part-part unit consisting of an aluminum or steel rivet body and a drive pin. The rivet body is hollow in a major portion of it’s length. At the solid bottom portion of the shank, there is a cross-slot evenly spaced for uniform expansion. When the rivet is applied, The rivet mandrel (stainless steel) is forcefully introduced with a punch into the rivet body (aluminum),the pin is driven in, flush with rivet head, opening the rivet body in 3 or 4 different blades fixing it inside the walls of the material to be fixed. provides a great resistant fastening in applications where only one side is accessible.expanding the bottom of rivet to produce a tight, locked grip on the back or blind side of material to be fastened. Leaves a clean non-snagging head when fully installed.
Drive rivets are easy to install, requiring no special tools. The drive rivet is set by striking the pin with a hammer, driving the pin flush with the rivet head and expanding the back side of the rivet.
Create high-strength "permanent" bonding of diverse materials such as metal, wood and masonry, in through-hole and blind-hole applications, with affordable Bounty Drive Rivets. Easy installation and removal make Drive Rivets an easy choice for field work, with a very economical total installed cost, as well as de-install cost.
Drive rivets are most commonly used to secure wood panels. Since these rivets do not require installation holes to be drilled completely through the panel, they contribute to a flush, aesthetically pleasing appearance. In addition to wood structures, drive rivets can be used in plastic, metal, and other materials. Apart from a hammer and backing block, these rivets do not require any special setting tools or equipment. Widely used in the construction sector to fix sheets, moldings, angles, coatings or insulation.
Key features and benefits:
• Not only materials with through drills but also with blind drills can be riveted with this item.
• It does not deform surfaces after the riveting process is finished – for painted, glazed....surfaces-
• Itslarge head creates a wide bearing area that makes it suitable for soft materials.
• Pull-up action, built into the rivet design, clinches fastened materials together as rivet is attached
• Grip capabilities range from 1.2 mm (.047") to 36.1 mm (1.421") thick
• Available in six different diameters and numerous lengths
• Corrosion-resistant aluminum and stainless steel materials provide excellent long-term performance, even in outdoor applications
• Tamper-resistant/tamper-evident designs resist being driven through or drilled out
• Blind – install from one side
• Strong shear strength and vibration resistant(vibrations in general)
• Easy installation with a hammer or power tools
• Simply drive the pin into the head to set the rivet, Fast, simple and great quality assembly
• Automotive, Trucks
• Construction Equipment, Off-Highway Vehicles, Farm Equipment
• Construction work: sheet fixing, moldings, angles, insulation, coatings, etc.